Sunday, May 3, 2009

Operation Running Vespa in Effect

Today is the first day of Vespa ownership, and I REALLY want to try and get it running ASAP. Since it hasn't been running for a while, I started off by draining the fuel tank and generally having a look at what's going on under the cowl. I also want some 2-stroke oil so I can get this thing going.

2-stroke oil
The first thing I discovered this morning is that all scooter or motorcycle shops are closed for the next 2 days! Autozone doesn't have much in the way of oil for scooters, so I guess I'll have to wait it out and see what else I can do in the meantime.

Carb Cleaning
Well, since I have time on my hands, I did buy a bunch of spray cleaners and lubricants and the like. Also picked up some new spark plugs, just to be on the safe side. I'll clean the carb when I get a chance.

After getting the fuel drained, we had to head out to Kate's parents' place. No more Vespa work for me today.

No comments:

Post a Comment